Sunday, January 01, 2012

ZACH TURNS 5 YEARS OLD

I can't believe Zachery turned 5 years old this year, or last year. We talked for about 3 weeks about going to Medieval Times for dinner. For those of you that don't know what Medieval Times is it is a dinner and a show about knights. There is a tournament of sorts and they serve us food without silverware. It really is fun! Charlie and I went about 11 years ago. Well when I finally went on line to get tickets, I found out that they weren't open on a Wednesday night. I was so bummed, but apparently when he woke up that morning he asked to go to Chuck-E-Cheese. So we ended up going to Chuck-E-Cheese. You are probably wondering why we didn't throw him a party. Well I asked him "would you like to have a party with all your friends or pick out your own Star War Lego?" Obviously he chose the Star War Lego's.

Last year I started a tradition that he can pick out his cake, so of course he chose Star Wars. Well the gentlemen at the grocery store that took my order didn't know that they can't special design a cake if it wasn't in the book. So Thursday comes and I went to pick up the cake at 3pm. No cake. So the little lady who is helping starts looking through all the orders, the gentlemen not only took my order saying that they could do it he put it in the wrong day to have it filled. LOL! OK ... I said I have a 5 year old boy who has wanted a Star Wars cake for at least 6 to 8 months now. He will be CRUSHED if I don't come home with the cake and the "5" year old candle he picked out. So she said that they could make the Star Trek cake. At which I said, he is not going to know the difference at this age and that would be GREAT! I will be back in 2 hours to pick it up. When I returned the manager was putting the finishing touches on the cake, which was double what I asked for. He was so sorry and gave us the cake for free! WOW! Talk about making it right!! Thank you!! Anyways, the cake was delicious and the birthday boy was VERY HAPPY!!!! As you can see he enjoyed opening his Star War Lego's too.



No comments: