FIRE PIT
As I said we purchased a fire pit to have in the backyard and had our first fire this month. Sorry to say that Zayne learned the hard way that the black covering to the fire pit does get hot when the fire is going! We have even had our neighbors from across the way over for Smores. It has been so much fun! I wish I had some fun stories that happened on those first few nights that we were able to have a fire while it was cooling down here in Texas, but nothing really happened that was to funny. I have to say that Zachery loves to talk, so we will sit out there and I will just listen to him talk about spaceships and bad guys and good guys and monsters and whatever else his little imagination will come up with. Zayne tries to keep up, but we really don't know what he is saying yet. It has been fun listening though!
PAINTING
I am really liking this tradition of doing an annual painting, so the boys can decorate their room with their own art. After last year and following all the drawing Zachery has been doing lately, I was really hoping this year the painting Zachery did would be filled with stories. But I am still not sure what he was painting. It really doesn't matter as long as he had fun, which I think both of them did. As you can imagine, this was Zayne's first time with paint ... so of course he had to taste, feel, and paint everything. I wish I didn't turn my back for the few minutes to go back into the house to get a clothe and more paint because by the time I got back he had painted his arm, the deck, and a few other things that I can't remember. But I did tell the boys that they were going to have to be hosed down ... so as I was spraying them with the hose they started laughing and asking for me to continue spraying them ... it turned out to be quit an event and very funny!! I loved it!! Of course it was a little bit cold outside so Zayne was shivering ... we had to take a hot bath to warm up.
LAST SOCCER GAME
Our soccer season ended in November. The pictures that I posted are of Zachery throwing in the ball and of him receiving a corner kick. Of course I had to include one of Zayne and one of Zachery and his end of the year medal! Wish I had a funny story to tell about his last soccer game, but nothing eventful happened! He really improved a lot this season. He had tons of fun and met a few more nice little boys.
OTHER
As I mentioned above Zachery has been drawing like crazy lately. I am not sure what to do with all these drawings! Seriously, he probably draws about 10 to 15 pictures a day! The majority of them are of war, shooting, etc. But the stories he comes up with are impressive. He continues to build all kinds of things with his Trio's as he anxiously awaits his Lego's. The picture below are of eight monsters that he made. We finished our Kindergarten curriculum early, so we are going to spend sometime fine tuning some of our writing and reading skills and I will hopefully get in the first grade curriculum soon! I think he likes school, but he would much rather play! School only takes 1 to 2 hours a day depending on the focus level. The pictures of Zachery bowling are from his friend Ava's birthday party. She was born 3 days after Zach. It was a GREAT party! They all got $10 on a Main Event gift card. Zachery and I had a date after the party and played games. It was fun!
Zayne is a riot. He is my little love bug and my tester. How can something so sweet turn around and do something so wrong! He learned the word "No" this month, wow what a challenge that has been! And of course he doesn't want to say "yes", but we have been training him. So when Zayne gets in trouble and you are talking with him and telling him what he did wrong then ask him "Do you understand?", he slowly shakes his head "yes". Holy Cow the first time he did that to me (and every time since) I couldn't stop laughing ... I truly couldn't control myself, knowing that I needed to be firm, but after that I just couldn't. I have been getting better. But if that every happens to you with Zayne, try and control your laughter until after he is gone. Another favorite word is "more". The movie below is a GREAT example of how he likes to use the word more ... it's more fun! Anyways, he is independent for sure and loves to play with his older brother. I think Zachery wishes he was a little older so they can actually communicate better, but they get along pretty well. Like I said earlier Zayne is talking like crazy, not sure what he is saying but he is talking! He is definitely trying to keep up with his older brother. I will catch him sitting down reading a book with Zach or sitting in the computer chair wanting to play on the keyboard and play with the mouse. As you can tell Zayne is very observant. We are having a blast with him!
There are 5 neighborhood boys ... it was funny how they just decided to line themselves up along the drive way like that, but at least we were able to get a picture. Also, Zayne loves the water! He just couldn't wait to get into the bath!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment