Sunday, January 01, 2012

WEEKEND AWAY

Can you believe Charlie and I have been married 10 years? I know both of us are a little surprised, it seems to have gone so fast. Charlie made this anniversary very special. He surprised me with a weekend get-a-way. He called my boss and told her that I will be taking December 2 and 5 off of work. Then planned for his sister and brother-in-law to came down for the weekend to take care of Zachery and Zayne. That morning he packed our car, yes he even packed my clothes. I didn't have to worry about anything! YIPPPEEEE!! We took off around noon, right after Zayne went down for his nap. We had about a four hour drive to a place in southeast Oklahoma called Rivers Edge Cottages. We were getting close by 4:30pm and it was getting dark, so we saw a convenient store and ordered a pizza, remember this is pack woods Oklahoma. We finally found the small little town called Watson, which if you blinked you would have missed. We followed the directions and turned of the Highway onto a dirt road, which we followed for approximately 2 to 3 miles (maybe less we were driving about 20 mph). Finally after following the signs for Rivers Edge and several turns ... we made it to the main office to get our key. Then wound our way up to our cottage. WOW!! It was beautiful!! We stayed in the cottage called Whispering Heights. Upon arrival there were rose petals leading up to the front door and throughout the cottage. There were windows everywhere so we could have a beautiful view of the Mountain Fork River. The website is below:

http://www.riversedgecottages.com/

We tried to take pictures of this beautiful cottage and area, but they just do not do it justice. So after we ate our semi-cold pizza we just relaxed and listened to complete silence!! The next day we went hiking and canoeing. The canoe ride was very short, but a fun adventure. I think the funniest part of our trip was while hiking the owners dog came to visit and scared us! Yes we jumped when we heard his feet come running up behind us during our hike. We did a puzzle, played Yahtzee, and read. We also went into town for a movie and dinner. At dinner we met a very nice local man. We had a pleasant conversation and then he surprised both of us and bought our meal (without us knowing it, until we asked for our bill). It was a true blessing!

I know I was not ready to go back home! But we both missed our kids and knew that our vacation was going to end at some point. Oh I almost forgot! Charlie gave me a keepsake plate with the date of our 10th year anniversary and four wine glasses with a "W" on them. It was very special! So, thank you Charlie!














No comments: