Thursday, January 05, 2012

WIELAND FAMILY CHRISTMAS 2011

We drove back this year to the Wieland Family Christmas 2011. Let's just say that we wish Zayne traveled as well as Zachery, but we made it! We also took a more direct route this year, which was more scenic and had more highways (so you didn't get bored) and about 30 minutes shorter. The boys had a blast visiting and reconnecting with their cousins, uncles, aunts, and of course grandma and grandpa! We had the Christmas Party at a venue out at Swan Lake, which started last year. It is perfect. The kids were able to run around and explore the different nature exhibits. As you can see Zayne enjoyed kissing and hugging a stuffed bobcat, which originally had the hat that he is wearing in the second picture. Zayne was also very busy playing in the kitchen, sweeping and mopping at the same time and then punching numbers on the microwave. I think Charlie and I were very grateful for all the aunts, uncles, and cousins that were willing to watch him periodically so we could eat and socialize a bit, Zayne is very busy!! I think the funniest thing that happened while we were there was Zachery. Apparently he told Charlie "I have to go poop". So they headed to the bathroom. A few minutes go by and Charlie asks "How is it going? Are you almost done?", Zachery says "Yes, I am all done." Charlie asks if he needs to be wiped. And Zachery said no. So Charlie says "Well I thought you had to go poop?". Zachery says "Well, I think my bottom changed its mind". Oh my!!! I just wonder sometimes what goes through his mind :)

I wish I remembered to bring my camera to the Party, but forgot, so glad Charlie had his phone and was able to at least take a couple of photographs! There were so many cute photographic moments between Zachery playing with one of his cousins to playing Bingo to opening presents. All precious!!

We left early Sunday morning to get back home. Our poor kids had to deal with driving straight through until we got home ... 11.5 hours. They actually did pretty good! Oh, I almost forgot that Charlie and I get to assist in the party planning next year! How is exciting is that?!!!




No comments: