Sunday, January 01, 2012

BASKETBALL SEASON 2011-2012

Did I tell you that we signed Zachery up for basketball this season? I was hoping that he might show some signs of my grandfathers talent, but I was wrong. At our first practice I actually saw him drop-kick the basketball! And when he dribbles his tongue is out so far I am surprised he hasn't tripped over it. He is not that coordinated ... I have to admit he takes after me in that area :) But he has had fun this season learning a new sport! For his first game, Charlie and I were actually on our Tenth Anniversary Get-Away, so we missed it. But his Aunt and Uncle were here to take him. As you can see from the photographs all the kid uniforms are about 2 to 3 times to big. There is a picture of a blue and white "shoot". The sports organization that we have been doing our sports through has done a GREAT job to make athletics exciting and fun for these kids. For basketball it is literally like the NBA. They announce each team and their team members by name and then they run through the shoot and down the row of parents and other spectators as they slap hands! It is a BLAST to watch!!

At the first game, Zachery actually scored two baskets and got the team off to a leading start. At the second game he didn't do much at all but look into the stands, as we were waving at eachother and making silly faces. I have a feeling I am more of a distraction than a helper in the concentration arena. We have our third game this Saturday, January 07, 2012, maybe me being there will get better. At the end of each game each team member gets a star that we put on their jersey. The coaches really haven't told us yet what they are for, but they are cool all the same.

As you can see Zayne loves to do anything and everything that Zachery is doing. But I have to be honest he plays more with the soccer ball than he does with the basket ball.








No comments: