Sunday, June 03, 2012

APRIL 2012 - Mineral Wells

Because I haven't updated in a few months, I will post several posts in order to try and keep the pictures together ...

APRIL 2012
Mineral Wells

If you remember the boys and I went on an adventure to Mineral Wells, I think last month or maybe the month before with our good friends the Baker’s! Well I decided that it would be fun to go back out there during the week and go swimming! So I packed up the boys, asked if Zachery’s good friend Will could join us and we headed out for our adventure! Traffic was horrible, but the boy’s did great! When we finally made it out there we all went to the bathroom, got our bike helmets on and set out on the bike trail. For some reason I envisioned the trial being paved, but nope it was small gravel, which doesn’t work well with training wheels. But we went down the steep hill to the “path” and tried our best to ride our bikes along the path. We had a few grumbles on our way back, but food is a great persuader! We were able to enjoy a little break up the hill at the Amphitheater where the boys enjoyed running, jumping, and acting (a little). After our bike adventure we headed to the swim area where we enjoyed our sack lunches, looking at the concrete area where fish that are caught are gutted and cleaned. Why do boys find this so fascinating, I will never understand, but they thought it was cool and asked tons of questions. “Well where do the guts go, where does the head go, etc?” “Why?” … We finally made it to the swimming area where they were able to play in the water and in the sand. We attempted to make sand castles and bury ourselves. Even though it was warming up in Texas, this particular day it was a little chilly to be swimming in the open water. So we packed up around 2pm and headed home, after a very interesting time trying to get the boys rinsed off, dried, with clean clothes :). They enjoyed a movie on the way home, while Zayne passed out!

Oh I almost forgot! While I was putting the last of the items in the car and finally climbing in to start our 2 hour drive home, Zachery said “Mom, I pulled out my tooth!” … Zachery lost his first tooth, his bottom tooth, at Mineral Wells!! It was so exciting!! And just a few weeks after that he lost his second bottom tooth. It is quite humorous to watch him eat on the side of his mouth! Right now his top tooth is loose … he will sit there mindlessly wiggling it. I am so glad he is able to pull them out himself. I get to queasy!

One of the photos is of the boys when they fell asleep, they wanted to fall asleep on their bean bags that night and as you can see they were out within minutes. Aren’t they adorable??

No comments: