Monday, April 09, 2012

March 2012

March was filled with all kinds of adventure!

Soccer
Well we had our last few games of Soccer in March, because of the rain we have received this month we had a lot of makeup games. But during the last practice the kids were able to play the adults as the coach refereed. Let's just say the refereeing wasn't for the parents side to win and somehow the kids won :) There was a cute little ceremony where the kids were able to come up and receive their medals and everyone cheered! It was GREAT!!

Trolly
We took an adventure with our good friends one Saturday morning. We rode the trolly through uptown Dallas and to downtown Dallas. Walked through different architectural sculptures, threw leaves in the air, found butterflies, and then found ourselves at the Spaghetti Warehouse to eat lunch. We actually ate in the train located inside. It started to rain during our lunch, so as the guys went back to get the vehicles the kids played in the rain. If you can't tell Zachery is putting his head under a stream of water coming off an awning and Zayne is laughing hysterically!!

Mud
With all this rain, how could we forget to go puddle splashing? The boys found a couple of mud puddles in our drive-way and had a blast! The video is of the boys playing and Zayne laughing!!

Bird Nest
So I received a text from our nanny Amy one Thursday this month saying the boys are enjoying watching a Blue Jay build a nest from our kitchen window. The Blue Jay was building a nest in our Magnolia tree located in the backyard. We of course had to see if there were eggs inside ... and since we have taken the photograph below four additional eggs were lain. It is soooo cool!!

Around the House
This month we also went to the drive-in to watch Lomax, which was cute. We also went to the Dallas Arboretum with other friends, it is beautiful there! And the kids had fun running along paths and through mazes. We planted carrots and peas in our organic garden plat this year. Right after we planted them though is when we had the tornado's come through, so I am not sure if they will grow but will keep you updated.

We had to go to the zoo one more time before our membership expired. We were bummed out that we weren't able to see the new Koala Exhibit, but maybe we will purchase the membership again. But we had fun looking at the tortoises, monkeys, and birds!

Zayne is talking like crazy now!! He is saying Funny? when he thinks something is funny and wants you to laugh. He truly loves making people laugh!! He gets excited about so many little things it makes me smile and reminds me to slow down and truly admire everything that is going on around us. It is fun to watch him explore and discover. He is so different than Zach. He likes to wear all of Zachery's medals and his backpack (as you can see below). Even though he wants his independence he still wants to make sure that we around. He loves his older brother and completely idolizes him. We tell Zachery that he is a good big brother to model after and to keep up the good work.

Zachery is doing great, just growing like a weed! I have the homeschooling book fair next month and will be anxious to purchase the next math book, material for this summer and next year, and he has been asking to learn Spanish and French. So I think I will start with vocabulary words until he is 6 or 7 and then the Richardson Homeschooling Association will have a class he will be able to take. I am so thankful that he still enjoys learning and that he loves school.

I wish I could remember some funny stories from this month, I think I am going to keep some post-it's in the kitchen so I can write them down more frequently!! They are boys, funny things happen almost everyday!!
























No comments: