Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fort Worth Days 2010

I can't remember the exact date but I think sometime in September 2010, Fort Worth had a day where several museums had free admission. So I packed up the kids, breakfast, lunch, and extra clothes so we were prepared for a day in Fort Worth (which is about 45 minutes away). It was raining, but I didn't care I thought it would be fun to go and spend a day in Fort Worth. We went to three different spots. We first visited the Fort Worth Science Museum, where I enjoyed watching Zachery play with microscopes, cut paper plates and cups in order to fly through a wind tunnel, play with magnets, and other fun kids stuff! I have to tell one story from this stop. There was an area where the kids could play doctor. So I watching Zachery pick up a doll and place her in the coat rack area, if you can imagine the doll's armpits are straddling the coat pegs and then he would proceed to feed it, but every time he would turn around to get another object to feed this doll the doll would fall down. I was laughing so hard (and so were many other people as we were all watching Zachery and trying to figure out what he was doing). Needless to say after I asked him what he was doing he said "The baby was sick and I was trying to feed her". Totally makes sense! As many of us were trying not to laugh to hard!!

Then we went to the Kimball Art Museum. The art was beautiful, but we didn't stay there long ... we were all getting hungry! So we packed up and went to the Botanical Gardens and ate lunch on a park bench. Then we walked around the garden. It had stopped raining at that time so it was very nice! They had a nice little nature trail that we were able to press buttons and listen to different animal sounds, like the owl and birds.

So after leaving very early in the morning and not getting home after 5pm, they were both exhausted, as can be seen from the photographs below.



No comments: