So in late October 2010, the boys and I took an adventure to Dinosaur Valley, which is in Glen Rose, Texas (approximately 2.5 hours away). We went with some close friends ... we first went to Dinosaur Valley Museum and pretended to be an archeologist and dug for fossils. Zachery found a shark tooth and other shell type fossils. Then we hiked through the outdoor museum which had all kinds of dinosaur sculptures. After we hiked we played at the play area for a bit and then ventured out for some lunch at the local diner. None of us were ready to go, so we went to Dinosaur State Park to find real fossils and dinosaur foot prints within the limestone. That was so cool, as a geologist you think I would have visited this park before. Zach and his friend had so much fun playing in the river ... I was a little stressed out just because of the algae growth making the rocks so slippery ... with Zayne strapped to my front in the Baby Bjorn I wasn't very mobile so wouldn't have been able to get to Zachery very quickly if he were to have slipped. (Another reason why I need to get him in swimming lessons more consistently) We also stopped by another Museum, the Creation Museum, which was fascinating. It was a museum defending and providing documentation to the Bible's Truth. By the time we got home we were all exhausted so we all snuggled up and watched a movie before we "hit the hay".
No comments:
Post a Comment