Sunday, February 08, 2015

APRIL 2013

APRIL 2013

We continue to enjoy our walks to the grocery store! We get to cross over a creek and most of the time we are able to see turtles, either sunning themselves on the bank of the creek or on a rock or we will see them swimming around with their little heads sticking up from the water.  The boys truly enjoy watching them and it is about half to the grocery store, which is approximately a mile away.  Zachery started baseball this month and thrilled as can be ... Zayne was signed up for T-Ball.  He is thrilled, actually thrilled can't even describe his excitement.  He has been waiting for at least a year to play baseball.  He talk about it all the TIME!!  We also enjoy our movie nights ... yes those are bean bags, which have their names on them with pillows and their favorite stuff animals we are set to spend the night in the living room after our movie!!





CAMPING TRIP - SMOKEY MOUNTAINS

This was the month that we went on our adventure to the Smokey Mountains!! Yes for our camping trip.  My brother Cal flew from Tacoma, WA and we drove through the night to get to the Smokey Mountains.  My poor mom sat in the back of the truck ... she has motion sickness, I am not sure how she did it, but she is a trooper!! Once we got there it was so nice not to have cellular coverage, truly off the grid! I know this isn't the place to share my opinions on the advances on technology, which I have a love hate relationship with, but I was so happy not to be bothered with the idea or thought of needing to or responding to voice mails, text messages, and/or emails!! I truly believe we all need that once and a while.  The boys had a blast!! We went for 5 mile hike one day with my mom and brother, which was a little aggressive for the boys, but I really wanted to go .... In the middle of the hike was a small waterfall and creek to rest and cool off our feet.  There was alot of carrying ... but we made it and there was smiles and laughter later that evening.  There was a mile hike in the immediate vicinity of the camp site that the boys and I would hike often when we were needing to get some energy out ... that was a lot better suited for our little legs.  But I have to say I truly love how determined both boys are and how they don't complain that much.  We enjoyed the old houses and a horse pulled carriage ride.  Zachery shot his first BB Gun.  The day before we were leaving a large camper with a motorcycle in the bed of the truck pulled into the camp ground adjacent to ours ... as you can imagine the boys were fascinated with the motorcycle, that is the motorcycle they are on in the picture below.  There were tears when we had to leave, but we knew that we would have another camping adventure!!














No comments: