Saturday, October 15, 2011

September 2011 - Virginia Beach

No excuses, I have fallen behind in updating our website! We have had an action filled month and a half!! I think the best way to tell everyone of our fun adventures is sequentially and in separate posts (so I can post them as I go along and keep track of pictures). By the way I hope you like the new design ... let me know! I enjoy playing with the different backgrounds and layouts, especially when Blogger comes out with new ones!

As many of you know I have a brother who lives in Virginia Beach and currently works for the Navy as a Navy Diver. They just had a little boy, Gary Gray Ladd III. So we went up there to meet little Gary and visit! We started our trip on a Friday afternoon (right around Zayne's nap time), the plane ride was interesting! Side story: When I booked out flight I wanted to use our frequent flyer miles for American Airlines, well I was a little confused on why the 12,500 mile tickets were booked and the 25,000 mile tickets were not on the flight going to Virginia, but for the trip home the 12,500 mile tickets were available(we had a total of 40,000 miles to use). Well I booked the ticket with 25,000 miles for the trip out and the 12,500 mile ticket for the way home. As Charlie is reviewing my reservation (since it was a separate reservation), he notices that I book a First Class Ticket, LOL! I swear I didn't know that I booked a First Class ticket (using my airline miles). Needless to say, I was stuck with Zayne in First Class at his nap time. Zayne isn't like Zachery where he could just suck his thumb and go to sleep. No Zayne like to cry it out! So here I am trying to comfort/rock/preoccupy this kid so he can either go to sleep or be quite! He eventually went to sleep, thank goodness. Then when we got to the gate to pick up our stroller we realized that the handles had been severed off. Seriously! How does a clean cut happen other than complete carelessness on the part of the ground crew. But once we got there everything was GREAT! On Saturday, we walked to the Expo so Fatima, Gray's wife, and I could pick up our running packets for the half marathon that we ran on Sunday. We also went to the beach. Can I just say that Zayne has NO FEAR!! He ran straight for the water and when he was pushed down by the waves, he thought it was funny and signed "more". Then we have Zach that is staying his distance from the ocean and playing safely in a sand "castle". That evening or maybe it was Sunday/Monday evening we went down to the water front again to listen to music and eat ice cream. The musical festival was happening this weekend so we were able to enjoy music and watch our children dance! What a joy it is to see them not have a care in the world and dance however they want!! We went to this amazing Park called Mount Trashmore, which is built on a former landfill. It was a blast! Then we went to the Base to see fighter jets. Zachery of course thought that was so cool! As we learned the difference between a bomb, missile, and torpedo. We were sad to go, but it was so good to hang out with Gray and his family. Little Gary is adorable!! I absolutely loved his smile!!














No comments: