Zachery finished his summer school work last week, so we are taking a break for the next couple of weeks before we start kindergarten! I have a feeling that I am more nervous than he is! I have to be honest, I haven't had much time to sit down and get our schedule established yet. But that is one of my goals over the next couple of days to complete. We are in AWANA's again this year, but with a different church. During Zachery's swim lessons this summer he met a new friend, Ben. Seriously, they are like two peas in a pod! Ben even has a younger brother about Zayne's age. Needless to say I am excited about our new friends. We told them that we were looking to find a different AWANA's program and they suggested their church's program. It is Thursday nights, which works so much better with my schedule! Last year Sunday was our busiest day of the week.
Zachery is signed up again for soccer this fall. So I am super excited to see how he improves this year. Everything seemed to just click during swimming lessons this year and I guess I am sort-of hoping the same is true with soccer, but as long as he is having fun that is all that matters!! Zayne is still doing well! He still follows his brother every where and whatever Zachery does is hilarious! Whenever we get out of the car and are walking into a store or where ever Zayne insists on holding Zachery's hand. As long as he is holding Zach's hand he will let us hold his other hand ... it has been a battle of who is stronger with him. He is very independent and does not like to be told no. But he is a love bug!
There are a few video's below, one is of Zachery and his new superhero outfit, Cowboy Stadium. He had a cape, gun holster, sunglasses, a cowboy hat, and rain boots and he started dancing ... which of course I got on video. The others are of our trip to the Cliff's. Our good friend Tim suggested we go a couple of weeks ago and since it is still EXTREMELY HOT here we went. So we packed up the car for the 2 hour car ride to spend the day at this naturally fed limestone quarry. The actual approach into this area was not impressive and to be honest was a little dirty. But we were able to hang out in the water, jump off the cliffs (the one below is approximately 40 feet), and get a sun tan :) The kids had a blast and were exhausted by the time we got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment