Soccer season started for Zachery at the end of September. We are apart of the same organization that we were apart of when we played T-Ball last summer and we are really enjoying it. Now soccer at this age is basically a bunch of kids just running/chasing/fighting after the ball. Those of you that do not have a Facebook Page these stories will be new. The first weekend we had a game, it was a double header with an hour in between games. The first game Zachery scored a goal (it was very exciting). After the game he told me that he won, when in fact that particular game we lost like 10-1. So we learned the definition of a "goal". Before the start of the second game I asked him if he like me cheering him on from the sidelines and he said "no, I do not like it when you cheer for me". During the second game, I tried so hard not to "cheer", but it really is hard not to get excited about your child running a scoring a goal! Anyways, during the second game Zachery scored two goals, one for the other team then one for our team. It was so much fun!! Another fun story happened just this past weekend. As Zachery kicks the ball in a break-a-away, he ends up tripping over himself and landed on the ball. Well if you could imagine he had about 9 other little boys either landing on him or trying to get the ball away from him. His little wrist and forearm was stepped on. As he came off the field crying we were able to get an ice pack. I tried to convince him that his wrist and forearm would feel better if we put the ice pack on, but he was convinced that it wouldn't help. So finally, I asked him "then what will make it feel better?", he said "candy!". It was all I could do not to laugh. He was so serious.


No comments:
Post a Comment