Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Last Adventures without Zayne

We have been busy during the last month! As you know we finished our bathroom, well to the point that it is now usable! Charlie and Zachery finished up the caulking together, as you can see Zachery is a huge helper! We had about 12 inches of snow one Thursday in February and Zach and I played in the snow for a short period of time. He wanted to make a snow man, but once we finished making it he pushed it down and then wanted to rebuild it ... sorry to say that I was very pregnant and sort of a grouch and said "No, I don't want to build another snowman just for you to push him down" ... I know I was a little cranky! But we threw snow up in the air for a long time, hopefully that made up for it :)

Uncle Jim was in town for a short business trip and they went down to the Sixth Floor Museum one morning! I think they had a GREAT time and Zachery was able to ride on Uncle Jim's shoulders, how fun!!

Other than that we were watching a new movie called "Prince of Egypt", which is the story of Moses. There is a part in the movie that Moses goes to the Pharaoh to ask him to let the Israelites go and Pharaoh said no and doubled the work load of Israelites. In the movie the Pharaoh says "And your people can thank their God for double their work load or is it thanks to you" (as the Pharaoh is shutting the door on Moses). Zachery loves to say "Or is it thanks to you" as an elevator door is closing or he will close the kitchen doors while saying it, it is absolutely hilarious! There are a couple other lines that he says in this movie, like he will pretend that a stick is Moses staff and say "The power of God", as he slowly puts it on the ground.

But the story of the month was when Zach and I were sitting in the chair and he got down to get another book to read, I let my hair out of my pony tail and Zach looked back at me as he was getting another book from the table and said "Mom, your hair is cute". Oh it just melted my heart! What a sweetie!





No comments: