After a busy December we laid low in January, especially since baby was getting bigger and moving more! For some reason baby Zylie zaps my energy!! Jay and I were busy redoing her room. Fixing cracks, re-texturing walls and redoing the old 1960's closet, painting, putting new floor boards and trim in the room and finishing it off with new custom closet doors. The boys enjoyed helping me demolish the old closet wood built-in's and taking off electrical outlet covers and putting them back on ... I am not sure they enjoyed picking up the Craig-listed furniture I purchased, but at least we were spending time together in the car listening to one of their favorite radio style programs, Focus of the Family's, Odyssey Program. I completely recommend these "life lesson" programs for kids, especially for driving around town!
Richardson High School (RHS) invited Northwood Hills Elementary School to perform at halftime during one of their boys basketball games. NHE performed, with the RHS cheerleaders and dance squad, the Cupid Shuffle. I have to say it was very entertaining! I just watched the video again and couldn't help but giggle (I just hope the file isn't to big to upload). It was a late school night, but it was worth it to watch your kids enjoy time with their friends! Zayne couldn't perform with his brother, but several of his friends were there and of course Allison!!
We also had a swim meet at the end of the month. Unfortunately, all the videos are to large to upload. We only selected to swim one day, I think we were all feeling a little under the weather. Zachery swam the 50 free in 45.32, which isn't his best time. But if he didn't get caught under the water at his start or stuck on his turn, he would have been under 40 seconds. I just watched his video again and he was kicking like crazy and caught the kids around him each length. Just have to work on those starts and turns, just comes with time! He also swam the 50 breast stroke for the first time. Breast stroke is his favorite stroke right now!! He swam it in a 1:01.21. He actually walks around the house and out of no where will practice his strokes in the air. I sure hope he chooses to stick with swimming, he has improved so much these short few months! I only allow them to swim a maximum of 3 times a week right now, when baseball season starts they will reduce the number of times they swim to 2 ... but you can tell how much stronger they both are getting! Zayne swam the 50 free, 1:08.36. If I am honest I am worried about Zayne. His stroke appears to be getting worse with time on this team. I will probably take him out of swimming for a while this summer. Maybe he just needs a break?! I am still very proud of him, he is one of the youngest kids out there and he still gives it all he has!! It truly is fun to watch him swim!! So proud of both of them!! (What are the chances of both my phone battery and my camera battery dying right before they swim?? Well it happened!! So I don't have any fun pictures of them. The picture below is the only picture I have).
No comments:
Post a Comment