WOW! When I uploaded these photographs, they truly got all out of order ... but I will try and write each grouping separately.
Dallas Arboretum
We met our long time friends, Ava and her sister Ella for a fun filled day at the Dallas Arboretum to admire their 12 days of Christmas displays. As you can see Zaynr enjoyed hanging out with Ella. The kids liked climbing all over everything, playing in fountains, and Zachery tried taking a selfie in front of one of the Christmas displays. Our friend actually lost her keys so we were able to run around the Arboretum again in search of her keys, which were eventually turned into the lost and found. But we did have a little excitement for awhile.
My favorite picture of the boys is below ...
LIGHTS
We found a new park that had a ton of Christmas lights, it made it an enjoyable outing and I think we even had ice cream sundaes after our little adventure ...CHRISTMAS
Zachery and Zayne had a wonderful trip back to Iowa for the Wieland Christmas!!Christmas morning, the boys were up early, like normal, and started opening their stockings as Jay and I started on breakfast! Poor Allison was dragged out of bed to eat breakfast with us, so we could start opening presents. Key presents this year for Zachery were Nerf guns and for Zayne was a bicycle!! As I am sure it is for every family, the months of planning and wrapping, the opening of present was over quickly! But we were able to enjoy the rest of the day as a family!
ZACHERY'S BIRTHDAY
Obviously a little out of order, but Zachery turned 9 years old at the beginning of December! Yikes, we are only one year away from double digits. What I like about this age or about children getting older is they know what they like and want for their birthday (and for Christmas). I let him open one present before school, which was a new pair of shoes. Seriously, he wears his shoes so rough he needs a new pair every 3 to 4 months. Am I the only boy mom with this issue??
As you might know, the birthday boy gets to choose their meals for the day. Zachery wanted to go to Pluckers for dinner, which is where he opened the remainder of his gifts, which was clothes and a foot massager. Yes, a foot massager. He was excited about that present!! It cracked us up that he even asked for one. And I have to tell you, he has used it often!! After dinner we went bowling. We get very competitive when bowling, okay with whatever we do, but it is funny to watch them both get so upset and sometimes discouraged because they didn't get a strike every time. Needless to say we have to teach how to throw the bowling ball and give reminders.
With Zachery's birthday money, he decided to buy the Millennium Falcon. I have to say, this was a big ordeal! I think we were in the Lego Store for at least an hour and a half trying to decide what we were going to purchase with our birthday money. Anyways, he worked on it diligently and completed it quickly! The video that he shared with Charlie is to large to upload to the blog ... so please email us and we can send you the video!
LITTLE NINJA'S
Seriously one of our favorite places, Little Ninja's! Zayne is a little monkey! By the way this is one of his favorite out fits, a tight shirt with tight jeans. Normally he wears his cowboy boots, but he just got his converse for Christmas, which is a specific request. They truly work up a sweat when they play here!! You would think I would be able to get a little break, but they both want you to watch them concur a climbing wall or new obstacle or watch them playing dodge ball.BLAST FROM THE PAST
Charlie sent me some fun photographs from a few years ago, June 2013 to be exact ... I thought they were super cute, so had to include them in our blog. Since I already printed 2013 I am including the photographs here so they aren't lost!Then we have some pictures from last this year, that I just received this month. Charlie said that Zayne woke up early one morning, with crazy hair and the bright lights and lack of sleep made him out of sorts ... look at that tear! The one with the red noses is from the Halloween Parade. Then you have a few of pictures of them sleeping ... Zayne had a fight with the pool and obviously the pool one, as you can see from all the band aids. They love their stuffed animals!!
No comments:
Post a Comment