Around the House
February 2012 was filled with settling into our new routine of mommy being home. We had a morning that the boys wanted to be photographed with their little stuffed animals, Zayne is with a blue bear and Zachery with a miniature dog. They of course wanted to see the picture after. Another day I was in the kitchen preparing dinner, Zahcery was playing with his Lego's building another spaceship or storm troop ship,and then I remembered I hadn't heard from Zayne in a while and then I remembered a door being closed (which normally means that he is doing something he isn't suppose to, but not all the time). I went on my hunt for Zayne, I opened the computer room door and found him with a blue grease board marker coloring the wall, the evidence is on the green wall (it is a little hard to see) and on his face (picture of him holding a fish). I had to get pictures of the event before I cleaned it up. He is truly amazing at how he can get into things and up on things. He just moves chairs and climbs in order to get what he wants, which I admire. The marker was cleaned up for the most part, I was literally taking the paint off with it. Zayne thoroughly enjoys music and dancing! He likes to jump right now, but he has to say "watch" before he starts jumping, very cute. He is also saying "where are you" and "found you". He just wants to mimic everything that we do, so we are having to be careful with what we say and do. Zachery this month was having to learn first time obedience in the sense of cleaning up his Lego's. Meaning he doesn't start playing all over again when he starts cleaning up, it is hard to stay focused on cleaning up a toy that you love playing with and when your imagination starts going! So we had to take his Lego's and blocks away from him for 2 weeks and a play date with his best friend. It was a hard couple of weeks, but he did so well!! He is truly a wonderful little boy!! And he is growing up so much. He has his first loose tooth!! WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!! School continues to go well. He is learning how to tell time and reading very well! I am thankful for Amy our nanny on Thursday and Fridays because she is teaching him fun little songs to learn phonics, like a vowel song. Zachery also loves to drive Zayne crazy and make him laugh. The video below is from one of those times. I caught them laughing in the tub, can you tell when they saw me? (So you will have to listen at the beginning for the laughter that I heard while finishing up dishes)
The other day it was 70 degrees in the morning, we all dressed in shorts and were excited about playing in the mud that afternoon after nap. So Zayne woke up from his nap and the boys asked to go outside and start playing when all of a sudden I heard them coming back in saying "cold" or "it is to cold". It had dropped 30 degrees in about an hour, it was crazy! So the boys wanted to make a fort ... we made one so big that we could fit the bean bags in it. We had flash lights and all our stuff animals!! I just wish I took a picture before we took it down!!
Another day recently we were getting ready to go grocery shopping and boys made it outside before I did (getting all my coupons in order and list finalized), all of a sudden I heard laughter ... yes they were pretending the stick was a horse. It was so funny!! They just ran around the backyard on that silly stick!!! (I was able to at least get a couple of pictures of that!)
The Room
I ordered the bunkbeds and bean bags this month. The bean bags were as much as the bunkbeds, so I am having to space the bedroom transformation out over time, which is hard!! The next step is probably to paint the ceiling blue and hanging the glow in the dark planets and putting glow in the dark stars up. With Zachery's surgery we will have to postpone the climbing wall a bit. Aren't the bunkbeds cute? The bean bags are huge and we have had a great time reading in them, laying in them, and watching movies with them!! The boys have fallen into a routine of falling asleep together on the bottom bunk and then I transfer Zachery into the top bunk when I go to sleep. Zachery has fallen off the lower bunk and onto the bean bags twice, glad it isn't a long fall.
Adventures
We didn't take any adventures this month, with the exception of going to the Science and Nature Museum. I had packed a sack lunch for us and we were going to have a picnic, but didn't realize how cold it was outside when we set out for our adventure. So we had out picnic in the back of our Traverse and then headed into the Museum after. We went to the Nature portion of the Science Museum this time, which we had never been into ... we saw all kinds of fun animals, rocks, and historic creatures. It was fun!! I have to admit I had more fun than the kids did in this part of the Museum.
Sports
We finished up basketball this month. They had a little ceremony for the kids getting their medals, as you can see from the photo below. Soccer also started this month. Their first two games were cancelled due to the weather, but they were finally able to play for the first a couple of weeks ago. Zachery has his best friend on the team and they have had a ball playing with each other, I was able to get a shot of his friend jumping on his back after a score ... so cute! Zachery is doing well in soccer, but I think he is getting excited about swimming lessons. He wants a snorkel and I told him he doesn't get a snorkel until he can swim across the pool. So I think he determined to do that this summer.
























No comments:
Post a Comment