Friday, February 04, 2011

Around the House - January 2011

As Zayne is getting bigger and getting around easier and faster, the boys have found tons of things to play with! One of which are the mixing bowls. They are of course space ships and have astronauts inside. Or they are musical instruments of some sort. Zayne (like his brother did) loves opening and closing cabinet doors, sliding out drawers, taking lids off pots (and then dropping them), he just started putting magnets and other things under the washer and dryer (and couch), which was one of Zachery's favorite things to do at that age. Let's see ... this month Zayne has started standing on his own and last week took three steps all by himself. He has quickly learned how to stand from a squatting position. He loves to climb, but he hates to be thrown up in the air. He is very vocal and opinionated. Let's just say he will let you know when he is mad at you, LOL!!! Zachery is doing GREAT! He is absolutely amazing. He is very patient with his brother, don't get me wrong he has his days (just like we do), but overall he is very patient and gentle with him. Zach is very excited to have him grow up so they can wrestle and so they can sleep in the same room. I just have to say I am excited for that day too, so Zach will stop coming and sleeping with me in the middle of the night (but secretly I will miss it very much!!). Zach and I have looked at bunk beds on the internet and I think he is getting really excited, unfortunately he has to wait another year or so before we really start considering purchasing a new bunk bed. School is going VERY well!! He is really doing well with his sounds and putting them together. This week we have introduced, land forms, parts of a leaf, the color wheel, and other fun things. He has really enjoyed learning!! His new phrase is "I really love", put your word at the end of the sentence, it could be a person, a food, an object ... it really has been funny to hear him say "I really love those things". For example we were in Target the other day getting some groceries. We walked by a huge tub of cheese ball chips, "Mom, can we get those, I just love them." "How can you love them when we have never purchased them or had them?" "Because, I just do" (laughing at this point and watching a passing shopper start laughing, I just had to say) "Sure, if you absolutely love them". Needless to say he doesn't love them! So we have this huge tub of cheese balls that will probably have to be thrown away at some point. Or last night we were driving to McDonald's to play with a friend of ours and he says "I can't wait to play with Michael because I love him so very much". He is such a sweet boy! And he makes me laugh so much!!

So the Friday after our trip to WA (which would have been January 14th), I decided to take the boys down to the Science and Nature Museum on the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit). We had a blast, a little cold though! We ate lunch there, then saw the Dinosaur exhibit and played in the Children Area. OK let me just say that the Children Area ROCKS!! There was a fireman area, where the kids could ring the bell and put on little fireman outfits and drive the firetruck. There was a construction area, a theater dress up area, computer area, insect area (where they had a large anthill so the kids could crawl through it, a giant spider web so the kids could climb on it), an area just for kids under 2 (which was pretty much all padded), a water area, and an urban farm area (where you can pretend to be a farmer, like milk a cow, get eggs, ride a tractor [which was a tricycle], plant and harvest vegetables, etc.). We had so much fun!! In the Dinosaur exhibit the kids were able to play in the sand (where they were suppose to pretend to be archeologist, but that gets lost in translation at this age). So I am trying to decide if we should purchase a membership here too, especially for the summer months!

Last week Charlie and I had a date night, which was the first in a long time, and Zachery had been asking for the Batman plane set for his Trio's. We surprised him with the set when we came home. He was sooooo excited and continually thanked Daddy for his new Batman toy the next day while they were playing. One thing that can be frustrating while playing with Zachery is that he wants you to always build "things" or build what is in the instructions. So Charlie has encouraged him to use his imagination ... and look what he built. Just this morning, as they are playing in Zach's room and I am in the computer room updating this website, I can hear Zachery say "I will use my imagination, I will use my imagination". It is so sweet!!



































No comments: